Monday 26 April 2010

Not so bad coastal trip

A toodle along the coast was in order this morning. I thought on the off chance i may get the wagtails that had been seen earlier in the week. But it was not to be. After text pestering Gordon (Liverbirder) for location details i finally found the spot but there was nowt to see.

I moved on up to Druridge where from the Budge hide i could see Black tailed Godwit , Shoveler, Teal and the usual other suspects. Then all of a sudden a cracking Marsh Harrier caught my eye sitting just 100ft away.





You beauty i said to myself. It took off and bothered two Gadwalls by dipping onto their heads. They were not impressed at all. Then Two Lapwings decided to chase it off.



It was last seen flying off to the south beyond Cresswell.



One off the rock hard Lapwings that chased the Harrier

So after a cup of tea to warm me cockels up as it was bloody freezing i headed of into the dunes to see what was about flower wise.

Not much in flower yet but got these lovely Violets i think which were in abundance all around.


Violets in abundance

Along with Cowslips





and Daisy's





So yet again a lovely morning filled with the song of Willow Warbler and Meadow Pipits. Fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. I am taking out an injunction tomorrow but I think vodafone are contesting it as to ban Davy Tee from texting me would half their annual profits in terms of my responding!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And i thank you again cheers. Will text soon.

    ReplyDelete